All over the country local and regional authorities are gearing up to bid into new funding programmes to support digital infrastructure investment. This seminar is your opportunity to gain insights into national and regional plans and to learn about the opportunities offered by new gigabit networks.
In this seminar you will learn about:
Regional Ambitions in Birmingham and the West Midlands
- Emerging plans for local full fibre and 5G network trials
- Serving communities and small businesses
- Industrial testbeds
- Smart city applications
New Government Digital Infrastructure Programmes
Funding plans and schedules for:
- Local Full Fibre Networks
- 5G Trials
- Digital Infrastructure Investment Fund
- BDUK projects connecting rural communities
Private Sector Project Plans
- Regional and local fibre and wireless networks serving small businesses, cities and rural areas
- Ambitions of sectors and businesses eager for new affordable high speed connections.
|14:00-14:10||Seminar Introduction - James Saunby, INCA|
|14:10-14:30||Government Support for Local Full Fibre & 5G Projects - Chris Ward-Brown, DDCMS|
|14:30-15:15||Regional Ambitions in the West Midlands
|15:15-15:45||Networking & Refreshments|
|15:45-16:45||Private Sector Projects & Plans
|16:45-17:00||Final wrap up - James Saunby, INCA & Raj Mack, Digital Birmingham|
This seminar is free of charge. Places are limited, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
Useful information about the venue, local parking, transport links, etc is available here.
This event is being run in partnership with
Without their support it simply wouldn't work.
Please note that this seminar programme is subject to revision.
191 Fazeley Street