Businesses can get up to £3,000 for faster, better broadband through the Government's Broadband Connection Vouchers scheme.
Bristol is one of the 22 city regions across the UK where the scheme is active. This free seminar, organised jointly between INCA and Bristol City Council, is aimed at small businesses in and around Bristol and providers of business connectivity services.
The seminar will cover:
- How the scheme works and what costs can be covered
- How businesses can apply for connection vouchers
- Pooling vouchers in group schemes to improve connectivity for a business park, retail or business centre
- Case studies of businesses that have benefitted
- Suppliers who can provide connectivity
This event is designed to bring together the business community in Bristol with INCA members and others involved in providing connectivity and related services.
This event forms part of INCA's Transform Digital conference programme. View the main conference programme.
Seminar participants are able to register for the following additonal optional events also taking place on September 15:
1. INCA Technical Showcase – The Art of the Possible: How to Build a Better Network
15th September, 14:00-17:00, @Bristol, Anchor Road, Harbourside, Bristol BS1 5DB
Charge: £50 +VAT, free if you are attending the Transform Digital: Bristol conference on September 16th.
This showcase will be a series of presentations, educational segments, case studies and roadmap sessions from a range of companies who can help anyone interested in investing, designing or building a Next Generation Broadband infrastructure – ‘Superfast’ and ‘Ultrafast’. We will discuss what these terms mean in practice and give an end-to-end view of the individual components required to create a successful project.
2. Seminar participants can also optionally register for an exclusive event at the newly refurbished planetarium where they will be treated to the UK's first 3D planetarium show and data visualisation dome. The planetarium's system is powered by 17 computers driving two 4K resolution projectors, and for data visualisation is hooked up via a 100Gbps fibre link to a supercomputer at Bristol University. (Free, 18.00 - 18.45)
3. Seminar participants can also choose to attend the INCA Transform Digital pre-conference dinner at Bristol's Riverstation retaurant (£84 per person, 19.30-late)
Many thanks to our event sponsors for their generous support.
Organisations interested in sponsorship opportunities should contact Gill Williams at INCA.
|Delegate Fee||£ 0.00|
|Optional additional events|
|INCA Technical Showcase – The Art of the Possible: How to Build a Better Network (£50 + VAT)||£ 60.00|
|Pre-launch 3D planetarium/data visualisation event||£ 0.00|
|INCA Transform Digital pre-conference dinner (£70 + VAT)||£ 84.00|