Online registration for this event closes at 12 noon on June 23rd. For details of any late availability please contact email@example.com
Public sector organisations – whether local authorities, transport organisations, LEPs and others have a big role to play in the deployment of new digital networks. Some provide funding, or act as anchor tenants for projects; others can ease barriers to deployment like wayleaves or street works; many can help get the message out that the UK is embarked on a major project to renew the country's digital infrastructure.
This INCA webinar will examine the broad range of activities by public sector agencies with great examples of best practice and the impacts that positive engagement between public and private sectors can have.
13:30 : Welcome and Introduction : James Saunby & Rob Leenderts
13:35 : Strategic Options - a panel discussion chaired by Rob Leenderts
- Steven Bage – BDUK
- Owain Taylor-Shaw, Senior Commercial Development Manager – Transport for Wales
- Richard Sewell, Deputy Director ICT Infrastructure – Welsh Government
- Duncan Nisbet, R100 Director of Stakeholder Engagement – Scottish Government
14:15 : The Legal and Regulatory Approach
- David Latham – HAUC England
- Gita Sorensen – GOS Consulting
14:25 : Networking Break
14:40 : Operational Experience
- LCR Connect : Tracy Morris, Programme Manager – Liverpool City Region Combined Authority & David Cullen – ITS. Tracy and David present an innovative and exciting new joint venture between public and private sector partners,explaining how it builds on the 'Dig Once' concept pioneered by CNI, and illustrating how the JV offers an alternative option for public sector bodies to drive the scaling up agenda forward outside of the BDUK/Project Gigabit framework.
- Tim Rainey, Assistant Director – Tameside Borough Council & Cooperative Network Infrastructure (CNI)
- Steven Eke, Digital Sector Lead – Colchester Borough Council / Colchester Amphora Trading
- Navin Sankersingh, Project Advisory Group – demand-led schemes in Cheshire
15:25 : Networking Break
15:40 : Collaboration - Public and Private – panel discussion chaired by Rob Leenderts & James Saunby
- Conal Henry – Fibrus
- Richard Sewell - Welsh Government
- Duncan Nisbett, R100 Director of Stakeholder Engagement – Scottish Government
- Martin Kemp, Senior Business Development Manager - Public Sector – CityFibre
- David Cullen – ITS
16:20 : Final wrap up
16:30 : Close
Speaker details and further case studies will be added as they are confirmed.
This is an essential event for everyone in the public sector working on digital infrastructure, and will provide invaluable insights for people in the industry keen to develop their with public sector partners.
Pricing: £35 + VAT per person (for members), £50 + VAT for non-members.
To access member pricing for this event, either use the discount code that is emailed to all member contacts on our database, or log in to your user account before registering. If you are part of an INCA member organisation and don't yet have a user account you can apply for one here.
If you think you are on our mailing list but aren't getting email from us, check your spam folder and/or whitelist email from our domain. Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
For any other queries about this INCA event, please contact Gill Williams.