Under the three key themes of Recruitment and Retention; Diversity; and Training and Upskilling, this webinar will explore how we can collectively understand our common resourcing requirements to meet our full fibre ambitions.
Hear from experts on creating a workforce pipeline, and explore how we can identify the true labour needs for our sector across the various roles we need to employ.
We’ll be discussing how to attract and retain a diverse workforce, including the promotion of clear career pathways, and we’ll discuss what skills are needed now, in the short term, and in longer term to ensure we are aligning training with current and future roles and skills needs.
2.00pm : Welcome and Introduction : Julie Hobbins – Educational & Funding Lead, CityFibre
2.10pm : Recruitment and Retention: Chris Sinclair – Principal Telecoms Consultant, Manpower
- Common challenges across the whole sector with a focus on solutions
- Followed by a round table discussion on our common challenges and opportunities to recruit and retain the right workforce for our current and longer-term needs, across all parts of our organisations.
2.35pm : Diversity and Attraction : Dean Checkley – CEO, Flomatik
- Highlighting common challenges and exploring solutions
- With discussion around awareness raising of the sector, meeting the aspirations of younger generations, and how INCA could facilitate a careers pathway promotional campaign
3.00pm : Training and Upskilling :
Clint Sherratt – Technical Developer, CNET Training
- Challenges and solutions in the training space – keeping up with the rapid growth of the sector
Chris Blackburn – Head of CSR and STEM Ambassador, Impellam Group
- Case Study of Strategic Resource Planning and Collaborative skills solutions
- With discussion around greatest skills needs – is it leadership for growth, entry level skills, or upskilling on technological developments? And how can we promote and expand availability of training so it’s more accessible.
3.45pm : Open Forum
- Q&A on next steps from earlier discussions – how can INCA help with addressing the challenges identified and solutions proposed.
4.30pm : Final Remarks and Close
Register now to secure your place.
Pricing: £50 + VAT per person (for members), £85 + VAT for non-members.
To access member pricing for this event, either use the discount code that is emailed to all member contacts on our database, or log in to your user account before registering. If you are part of an INCA member organisation and don't yet have a user account you can apply for one here. If your organisation isn't in membership of INCA, there's never been a better time to join. More info here.
If you think you are on our mailing list but aren't getting email from us, check your spam folder and/or whitelist email from our domain. Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
For any other queries about this INCA event, please contact Gill Williams.
If you would like to sponsor this event or one like it please contact Gill Williams.