Date/Time: 12 July 2017 14:00-17:00
Venue: De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, London
Join us for INCA’s Seminar on Full Fibre & 5G
At last year's Broadband World Forum and INCA Conference Matt Hancock, Minister for Digital, declared that the future is ‘Full Fibre and 5G’. Since then government has announced funding and other measures which will support alternative network operators. For many INCA members fibre and wireless connectivity are two ends of the digital infrastructure we are building.
On July 12 INCA will invite representatives of government, Ofcom and industry to discuss progress with policy and funding, service development and challenges including access to spectrum. We will highlight developments in technology and opportunities for collaboration between altnets and major players. This seminar is your opportunity to debate what 'Full Fibre and 5G' means for industry, the wider economy and how your organisation can prosper.
Full Fibre & 5G Seminar Programme (draft)
14.00 Welcome – Malcolm Corbett, INCA
14:01 - 14:10 How esri UK and 3-GIS support network deployment – Tommy Siniard, 3-GIS
14:10 - 14:30 Government Support for 'Full Fibre & 5G' – Phil Saw, Infrastructure & Projects Authority, HM Treasury, and Scott Bailey, DCMS will provide an update on government plans for support.
14:30 - 14:45 5G Spectrum Policy – Cristina Data, Director of Spectrum Insight & Analysis, Ofcom will outline Ofcom's approach to spectrum allocation, particularly as it affects future 5G services.
14:45 - 15:15 Building the 5G Ecosystem
- Stuart Revell, 5G Innovation Centre at the University of Surrey, will explain their involvement in 5G trials.
- Mark Thomas, Cambium Networks - on the importance of fixed wireless for rural connectivity, and Cambium's proposals for spectrum allocation in rural areas.
- Wenbing Yao of Huawei will give an overview of 5G developments from a global perspective.
15:15 - 15:45 Refreshments and esri UK / 3-GIS demonstrations
15:45 - 16:15 What does Full Fibre & 5G Mean for INCA Members?
- Mark Collins, Director, CityFibre - CityFibre's approach to fibre supporting wireless deployment.
- Paul Morris, Head of Government Affairs, Vodafone - an overview of the approach of a major mobile operator to 5G development.
- Alastair Davidson, Wireless Infrastructure Group, will give a perspective on the opportunities for new wireless services through investment in fibre connected small cell deployments.
16:15 - 16:45 Fibre & Wireless – Are We On the Right Track? Panel Discussion chaired by John Okas, Real Wireless
- Ian Corden, Plum Consulting, who have reported on some of the challenges in deploying 5G.
- Andrew Glover, Air Broadband and Bridge Fibre, with a rural perspective on fixed and wireless networks.
- Stuart Revell, 5GIC, University of Surrey
- Tommy Siniard, 3-GIS
16:45 - 17:00 Final Wrap-up – Malcolm Corbett, INCA
Without their support it simply wouldn't work.
Delegate fees, per person: £80 + VAT (£96 total). Representatives of INCA Gold/Tier 1 and Silver/Tier 2 members can register at the reduced rate of just £65 + VAT (£78 total).
Please note that this seminar programme is subject to revision.
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
|per person pricing|
|Standard delegate fee (£80 + VAT)||£ 96.00|
|INCA Member rate (£65 + VAT)||£ 78.00|
|FOC (admin use only)||£ 0.00|