In January INCA organised a webinar with Broadband Delivery UK to discuss the Government’s approach to public subsidy for new gigabit capable networks. More than 150 people participated. This webinar follows up on that event, with the focus on private sector investment. involving investors and operators to discuss developments in the market.
Our chair for the event is Robert Skinner from Octopus.
Panel 1. Policy and Regulatory impacts on the Investment Environment
Chaired by Alex Blowers, INCA Chair and Head of Regulatory Affairs at CityFibre.
In November last year the Government announced changes in their targets and funding for rural areas. Are these changes good, bad or indifferent for private investment in the sector?
A number of independent operators have expressed reservations about Ofcom’s approach through the Wholesale Fixed Telecoms Market Review. Whilst some in Ofcom express a pro-competitive stance to digital infrastructure development, there are concerns that others may be more interested in supporting BT/Openreach. How does Ofcom’s stance impact private investment and what should the sector do collectively to shift the dial towards the altnets?
- Gita Sorensen – GOS Consulting
- Justin Le Patourel – Swish Fibre
- Robert Skinner – Octopus
- Charles Cameron – Cameron Barney
- Tim Stranack – CommunityFibre
Panel 2. Digital Infrastructure Market Development
Chaired by James Saunby – INCA and GreySky Consulting
The digital infrastructure market is changing rapidly. This session will examine how the market is likely to develop in both the short and longer term.
- 75-80% of premises are available, how do operators & investors decide where to go?
- What is the likely strategic response of BT and Openreach?
- Overbuild - Multiple competing fibre networks?
- The role of fibre and wireless networks
- Attracting customers - Vertical integration vs wholesale aggregation
- Sector consolidation - who wins?
- Sean McLachlan – Aviva
- Lloyd Felton – County Broadband
- Nick Delfas – Redburn
- Reef Read – PMP Conseil
- Oliver Bradley – MacQuarie
Who Should Attend
- INCA member organisations
- Government and Ofcom officials
- Professional services firms and others with an interest in the sector
Pricing: £35 + VAT per person (for members), £50 + VAT for non-members.
To access member pricing for this event, either use the discount code that is emailed to all member contacts on our database, or log in to your user account before registering. If you are part of an INCA member organisation and don't yet have a user account you can apply for one here.
If you think you are on our mailing list but aren't getting email from us, check your spam folder and/or whitelist email from our domain. Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
For any other queries about this INCA event, please contact Gill Williams.