A major change to the broadband industry affecting all network operators and service providers is underway and INCA Members need to take action to adapt and benefit. INCA has been working with Ofcom, OTA and other industry organisations on behalf of the independent sector. Now is your chance to get involved and get your views represented.
The Office of the Telecommunications Adjudicator – OTA2 – worked extensively with the industry to come up with 2 Options for GPL. Ofcom decided on OTS: One Touch Switching. This must be in operation cross-industry by April 2023.
INCA's Switching and Wholesale Special Interest Group (SWSIG) analysed how OTS could be the catalyst for Wholesale Platforms as all such platforms will need to be aligned with the OTS Hub for easy interoperability and timing implementation. The work to ensure that independent networks can be consumed by scale retailers is vital - if they can't use services available from INCA Members, other networks will be used.
This page is an index to our work on behalf of INCA Members. We trust it will be a useful resource in this area. Please ensure the person responsible for leading this process in your organization is registered here. There is a great deal going on with some very short timescales. Don't get left behind.
- register the person responsible for GPL & OTS in your organisation: the "GPL & OTS Lead"
- Operator Plan for GPL & OTS Implementation
- Full SWSIG schedule for 2022 starting with Tue 11 Jan at 2pm (requires login)
- OTS Hub and Wholesale Platform requirements updated to reflect Ofcom OTS statement
- Scale Retailer Product set and Openreach portfolio
- Switching and Wholesale Survey June 20 - results on GPL and Common Wholesale Platform
- Supplier Responses to Topline Requirements v1
- SWSIG Progress Update 9 Apr 20
- SWSIG Subgroups Update 8 Apr 20
- Report on INCA's Switching & Wholesale SIG (SWSIG) Tues 14 Jan 20
- New Cross-platform Switching Process will affect all Network Operators – backgrounder – Nov 19
- New Cross-platform, Gaining Provider-led Switching to be implemented in 2020 - initial – Nov 19
- Registration form for Switching & Wholesale Special Interest Group
- SWSIG Meetings and Workshops
- Links to info and registration for TOTSCo
- OTS Industry Process Design v4.1, Developers' Guide & Technical Guide
- Switching Information (SI) survey for TOTSCO (will stay open for new submissions after 14 Oct)
Ofcom and OTA
- OTS Process Design v4.0
- OTA / Ofcom Supplier of Last Resort" (SOLR) process.
- 2022 OTS Design & Governance - OTA workstreams and meeting schedule
- Ofcom GPL statement "Quick, easy and reliable switching" prefers OTS approach (One Touch Switch) 3 Feb 21
- Ofcom statement on EECC implementation & consultation 27 Oct 20
- OTA2 X & Y Hub Dependencies and Reliability Assessment 6 Oct 20
- Option Y Group response 4 Aug 20 to 17 Jul Ofcom asks.
- Ofcom asks for Option X & Y to respond by 17 July 20
- Ofcom asks for Option X & Y to respond by 8 June 20
- Ofcom Options X & Y impact on Wholesale
- GPL Switching – Update Feb 20
- GPL Switching - OTA2 ECWG Workstream, Ofcom consultation
All-IP Migration - Openreach
- 2021 SWSIG schedule and documents (requires you to be logged in)
- 2019 / 20 SWSIG schedule and documents (requires you to be logged in)
If you do not have a full-time Public Affairs, Policy and Regulatory function in your organisation, you will find the new INCA Policy and Regulatory Service, designed for the interests and needs of our independent sector, well worth while to protect and promote your interests at this level.
If you are not already an INCA Member and are an organisation working in or supplying the Independent sector, why not consider the wide range of Member Benefits in addition to the Policy, Events, Quality Mark workstreams. More details here.