Gaining Provider Led Switching is coming soon, and you need to be ready. It must be in operation across the industry by April 2023.
Regardless of where your business is on the journey to GPL-readiness, this webinar is designed to provide the information you need in order to be ready in time. If you've yet to start with GPL/OTS this webinar is your wake-up call. If you are already on your way towards readiness, this webinar will provide you with up to date information on the process, and a masterclass to ensure that you have everything you need for a successful transition.
2.00 pm : Welcome – Matthew Hunter – MD, HellermanTyton Data & Chair, INCA SWSIG
- Biggest change for our industry, opportunities, GPL and OTS are coming, not optional, you must be ready. The time for talking is over, we need to take action.
2.05 pm : Ofcom – Why GPL? – Louise Marriage – Switching Project Director, Ofcom
- Policy foundations of GPL (customer choice, market competition).
2.10 pm : OTA Strategic Review – GPL & OTS - Jack Abbotts, Office of the Telecoms Adjudicator
- “State of the union”, process so far, where we are now, what needs to be done next.
2.25 pm : Overview of GPL GCs and scope – GPL affects us all. Mike Locke – SWSIG Secretariat, INCA
- Govern ALL CPs (RCP and ACP) so it matters to us all. GPL is for ALL switches, OTS mandatory for residential, can also be used for business. GPL is for ALL IAS: FTTP/C, FWA, satellite, everything. Relationship with Number Porting.
2.35 pm : Governance – TOTSCo: born to run OTS Gita Sorensen, GOS Consulting / INCA / TOTSCo Ltd Director
- SPV formation, structure, governance, funding next steps inc procurement.
2.45 pm : OTS Process Design – The Devil is in the Detail Niall Gillespie – OTS Solution Architect, BT
- The industry's solution to Design and process for both residential and (some) business.
3.00 pm : Mobile vs Fixed – “We’ve been here before - haven’t we?” Justin Le Patourel, Chair Mobile Number Porting Operator Steering Group
- Mobile & Fixed Switching: compare & contrast. What's been learnt?
3.05 pm : Services in Scope – what’s impacted by GPL/OTS? Mike Locke
- IAS and NBICS we know, but what about other services such as EAD, dark fibre, PIA?
3.10 pm : OTS Hub Timescale – Bringing OTS to life on time. Gita Sorensen
- OTS Hub design, procurement, development, testing, timescales & milestones.
3.20 pm : Telecoms Security Act – Keeping OTS secure (and legal). Gita Sorensen
- TSA impacts supplier selection and management, interfaces between operators and the hub.
3.25 pm : Wholesale Implications 1 – GPL: Threat or opportunity for Wholesale? Mike Locke
- Why GPL / OTS matters to Wholesale Platforms (ACPs).
3.30 pm : Wholesale Implications 2 – Enabling Project Gigabit success. David Cullen – Director, Prism Business Consulting
- Project Gigabit wholesale compliance for BDUK procurement.
3.35 pm : Checklists – You’re not alone. Mike Locke, INCA
- INCA support, INCA Member support, key next steps, then view from Systems (TPIs, Platforms, Supppliers) on what operators need to do to meet OTS deadline.
3.45 pm : Checklist – What should I do? Systems perspective. Marcel Horst – Director, CWP
3.55 pm : Checklist – What should I do? Systems perspective. Toby Treacher – MD, Hubbub
4.00 pm : Checklist – What should I do? Systems perspective. Lloyd Warn – Account Manager, PacketFront
4.05 pm : Checklist – What should I do? Systems perspective. Niall Halpenny – Director, Sonalake
4.10 pm : Q&A – Open discussion. What other concerns, what to clarify, what do you think? Moderated by Gita Sorensen
4.25 pm : Summary & Close - Matthew Hunter
Register now to secure your place.
Pricing: £50 + VAT per person (for members), £85 + VAT for non-members.
To access member pricing for this event, either use the discount code that is emailed to all member contacts on our database, or log in to your user account before registering. If you are part of an INCA member organisation and don't yet have a user account you can apply for one here. If your organisation isn't in membership of INCA, there's never been a better time to join. More info here.
If you think you are on our mailing list but aren't getting email from us, check your spam folder and/or whitelist email from our domain. No discount code? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
For any other queries about this INCA event, please contact Gill Williams.
If you would like to sponsor this event or one like it please contact Gill Williams.